Google

Thursday, July 27, 2006

netconf 2006 is coming~~~

there are much heat wave and much rain and wind everywhere, making sizzling summer a bit of a travel hazard.

well, that's not the main reason but Netconf 2006 detered from previous July travelling and will be in Sept. This time in the heart of Tokyo's Akihabara. For those in US and familiar with Fry's, think of blocks and blocks of Frys, that's what Akihabara is like.

Well, will we be able to confine the attendees within the conference room?
Maybe the session topics and fancy attendee list would do the trick. Last year Thomas Garf's graph set new height in visual presentation; heck, I didn't understand half what he said but I remember such cute lines and dots in animation. Who will present what, and what will that lead in terms of development for next 6months? The dates and attendee list increases, to accomodate past events' constraint in time of two days with about 1-1.5hr per presentor.

I'm looking forward to learn how to integrate Usagi rabbit (Usag is like a rabbit/hare in Japanese, literally) and Mashimaro the mutant rabbit Netconf adopted as mascot.

3 days in Tokyo locked up with super geeks. Davem asked me if I can make myself useful w/ a slide or two myself. I joked saying maybe I can teach these bunch of foreigners basic Japanese, for their evening out to Akihabara the toy store. Seriously I need to hit the wall hard with my head, to make something useful out of this. Think, think, think.......

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Do those guys have a website where I can see that "Mashimaro" mutant rabit? Also, doesn't "mashimaro" mean "marshmellow"?

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger speattle said...

haha.

last year's website is: http://vger.kernel.org/netconf2005.html,
so this year's should be http://vger.kernel.org/netconf2006.html

i think 'marshmellow' is where it originated from.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Plan-9 has a mutant bunny too:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/plan9/glenda.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home