Google

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Orange Juice, Da Vinci Code, and sick ole me

Cold's been lingering since monday afternoon, monday's been pretty tiring 1st day back at work after weekend and I've stayed late at meeting and had to catch later train in dark foggy weather back to SF. I must admit staying up late with things like flickr and other distraction doesn't help much. I went to work w/ headache, mild fever and chest pain on wednesday morning, and after taking care of immediate issues I bailed out and came back home on a rather long caltrain ride. With weather change between day and night pretty severely different, especially with fog, my cold's been not worse but not much better either. So here I am on saturday, no plan to enjoy the weekend, not enough energy to be doing much of anything, and just grumpy with headache. Went down to downtown, to cheer up, hit SF Moma for about 30min on new photography exhibit, swing by new Cody in SF for another 30min and got to Borders with 25% discount coupon.

It is consumerism of about every human being that even if you didn't need anything when there's a coupon in hand you just buy something to take advantage of coupon power. Started from top 4th floor on Powell store combing each section to see if there's a book I want to get w/ the coupon. Too big, too expensive, can get w/o coupon, ..., as usual. Finally I stopped in front of Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" on first floor. I've been waiting for paper-cover, and also have been a bit snubbing it for being so popular; saw British version of paper-cover but not in U.S. yet.

Now I get to join the band-wagon.
Saturday night w/ no plan but coughs and runny nose, I'm sitting with a glass of orange juice and the hard-cover book that is already on 30% sale and my 25% coupon not applicable. Hope I don't get totally immersed into it so as to pull myself out of Da Vinci mania on monday morning to get to work.
^^

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home