Google

Friday, July 01, 2005

greenspan, ayn rand and new enthusiasm

had rather a rough work week, just before 4th of july weekend.
picked up reading one of Greenspan's biography that was on bookshelf at home.
One of few things surprising to me about him was his association with Ayn Rand, and well, actually much of his life up to his growing reputation as a fine economist and FED chairman are surprises, I guess.
As usual, this biography became a page-turner that wouldn't let me partake in other normal life, but this makes me feel super good and enthusiastic, and optimistic. Makes me itching to live, to observe and not waste time being upset about things.

Haven't thought much about Rand, since I put down 'Atlandtis Shrugged', finding the book a bit boring and as socially out-dated infamous "The Catcher in the Rye" (which I also took w/o much seriousness, til much later.) I've read "The Foundatinhead" w/ much enthusiasm but also with much distain in realistic sense.

Anyways, I'm burried in Greenspan biography from his childhood in upper manhattan, through his high school, juliards, swing band days, NYU, Columbia, and his consulting gigs in '60s.

Pretty interesting, but rather in general sense, rather than focusing on his economic related work, so far.

Will see how this leads to 80's, 90's and nowadays.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onni... How come you are so interested and enthusiastic about them? You haven't seen them.. You only read about them or saw them on TV or read in Newspaper.. They are real people.. Are they really that fun?

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger speattle said...

things they say, or supposed to have done are interesting. their ideas, approaches, what they have achieved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home